Posted By Administrator,
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
| Comments (0)
Newly added this year to ICA’s conference amenities, “ICA Kids” is available for parents in need of childcare during conference hours. To provide this service, ICA is partnering with KiddieCorp, a highly respected national company with a 31-year history of providing childcare for conferences and events. KiddieCorp team members are selected according to their integrity, experience, education and enthusiasm. The Hilton has worked with KiddieCorp multiple times and recommended them highly.
“ICA Kids” at a glance:
- DATES: Fri. 26 May to Mon. 29 May
- HOURS: 08:00 – 18:00
- AGES: 6 months – 12 years old* (if you have a child younger than 6 months requiring care, please contact KiddieCorp)
- LOCATION: ICA Kids will be located on one of the main conference floors at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, accessible for parents to check in at any time, but out of the way of conference traffic. The room is near bathrooms (to which toilet-trained children will be accompanied by a licensed caregiver) and has large, sealed windows to let in natural light. Parents who preregister will receive specific room information before conference begins. (Location is not published for security reasons.)
- FOOD: Snacks and beverages will be provided; meals need to be supplied by parents each day. Again, parents who register in advance will receive communications from KiddieCorp with requirements and helpful tips.
- INFANT CARE: Parents, please bring diaper-changing supplies, formula/baby food, and a change of clothes.
- MEDICATION: Medication (including sunscreen) will NOT be administered by KiddieCorp staff.
- THEME: Wild Safari Adventures: When the children enter KiddieCorp jungle they will see our brightly colored safari animal play huts and jungle decor. We like to do theme-related crafts and activities such as making safari vests, animal masks, and we modify games according to theme as well. In the program we provide different board games, manipulatives and dramatic play, and active play. Our team members also facilitate different group games for the children.
- ACTIVITIES: arts & crafts, group games, music & movement, board games, story time, dramatic play, etc. We provide activities appropriate for each age group, using safe and sturdy equipment. Children can make their own choices within KiddieCorp’s program.
- CHECK IN/OUT: A photo ID will be required for check-in and check-out of children.
- COST: ICA is subsidizing the cost of childcare; though the cost to ICA is over US$15 per hour per child, care is available to attendees’ children for US$5 per hour, per child (this is a suggested donation to offset costs, it is not required). A minimum registration of 4 hours, is required to secure your reservation. Children must be registered for a minimum of two consecutive hours per child for each day registered. Please see below for important information regarding ratios and the availability of care.
- RESERVATIONS VS. DROP IN: As space is at a premium, we recommend you sign up early in order to reserve your child’s space in the program. Availability is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. KiddieCorp must receive both the registration form and payment to hold any advance reservations. You are also welcome to “drop in” and register on-site; however, we cannot guarantee space will be available for drop-ins.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: RESERVATIONS & PAYMENT: Our goal is to provide your children with a comfortable, safe, and happy experience. KiddieCorp staff to child ratios are high to ensure that every child feels special. There are also LEGAL requirements for ratios for child safety (1:2 for children ages 6 months through 11 months old; 1:3 for children ages 1 through 2 years old; 1:5 for children ages 3 through 5 years old; 1:7 for children ages 6 through 12 years old). Originally upon announcing this program, ICA wrote that a minimum of a $20 donation/per child (matching the 4 hour minimum) was required to secure your reservation. We have since learned that in effort to ensure the staff to child ratios can be adequately planned, we need to require parents who are registering their children in advance, to pay the minimum US$5 for each child, for each hour registered. This will help confirm an accurate count of how many children are expected each day during specific hours. We hope you can appreciate that our goal in setting this requirement is to preserve a safe environment for your children and to protect you from disappointment and inconvenience if you show up without a reservation and are turned away because the ratios have been met. If paying the advanced registration required fee of US$5 per child per hour would present a great financial hardship, please contact Laura Sawyer at email@example.com to discuss your specific circumstances.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be made to KiddieCorp prior to 28 April 28 for a full refund. Cancellations made after that date will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Once the program has begun, no refunds will be issued by Kiddie Corp. In the event that your child becomes ill and is unable to attend the program, please contact Laura Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org following the conference to discuss the possibility of a refund.
- TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) please visit: https://jotform.com/KiddieCorp/icakids - complete and submit the form & payment. KiddieCorp will communicate with you about further requirements and tips.
- ADVANCE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 28 April 2017