Call for Proposals
Environmental Communication Division
Graduate Student Pre-conference
ICA 2018, Prague, Czech Republic
Date: May 24, 2018 | Time: 9am-12pm | Location: TBA
The Environmental Communication Division Graduate Student Pre-conference will bring together students working in environmental communication and similar fields with experienced scholars. We invite graduate students, post-docs and other researchers who work in topics related to the environment, science, natural resources, and sustainability to submit their work. Our goals for this half day pre-conference are to provide a forum to connect with other scholars, gather feedback on research projects, and receive advice pertaining to early career success from leading experts in the field. We hope you’ll join us for the inaugural Environmental Communication Division Graduate Student Pre-conference at the 2018 ICA conference.
The morning will start with short presentations and a poster session in small group settings. Each group will include, in addition to fellow graduate students and researchers, leading scholars in the field of environmental communication. Presenters will receive feedback from peers, colleagues, and faculty on research projects at any stage in their development. After a networking coffee break, the invited scholars will share insights regarding career opportunities, publishing, and future directions of environmental communication research.
Confirmed Faculty Participants:
● Dr. Matthew Nisbet, Northeastern University (Editor-in-chief, Environmental Communication)
● Dr. Jonathon Schuldt, Cornell University (Vice chair elect, Environmental Communication Division - ICA)
● Dr. Lauren Feldman, Rutgers University
● More TBA!!
Participants have to register to the pre-conference through ICA conference portal at the time of registration for the main conference.
Applications for oral or poster presentation: https://goo.gl/forms/G8DTBH04fIzw1qg92
Students should submit a 500-word abstract that outlines topic, theoretical framework, method, and if applicable, empirical application. Submission for presentation is not required for participation in the pre-conference. Questions should be addressed to Adina T. Abeles (email@example.com) or Adam M. Rainear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for submissions: 14 February 2018
Notification of acceptance: 28 February 2018
The pre-conference is sponsored by:
● Department of Communication, University of Connecticut
● Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University
● Department of Communication, Michigan State University
● Adina T. Abeles, Ph.D student, Stanford University
● Adam M. Rainear, Ph.D student, University of Connecticut
● Faculty advisor: Dr. Bruno Takahashi, Michigan State University (Chair, Environmental Communication Division - ICA)