Emerging Scholar Research Grant
Applications are welcomed for the inaugural ICA Mobile Communication Interest Group Emerging Scholar Research Grant. The MCIG Research Grant Committee will review applications and select a winner of a $500 grant to support a specific research project. The winner will be announced at the MCIG business meeting at the ICA annual conference in San Diego in May 2017.
- The project should be relevant to the field of Mobile Communication and to the MCIG of ICA.
- Only one proposal per person will be considered. If you submit as part of a team, that is the only proposal you may submit.
- The competition is limited to submitters whose ICA and MCIG memberships are current.
- The committee seeks proposals from a diverse set of emerging scholars, which we define to include advanced graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and other early-career scholars and professors.
A Project Summary should total no more than 3 pages, single-spaced. It should provide
1) author’s contact information;
2) an overview of the study, stressing the importance of the topic and the fit within MCIG. This section should include the research questions and hypotheses, and description of where the project is situated with mobile communication literature;
3) description of proposed methods;
4) summary of anticipated contribution of the project to the field; and
5) explanation of how the $500 grant will be used to accomplish the goals of the project (The committee recommends that applicants link the use of the grant funds toward data collection and related needs).
Also include a 2-page summary of current Curriculum Vita (emphasizing research accomplishments, academic rank/experience, and progress in your education or career as applicable) and a 1-page Recommendation Letter from a supervisor or colleague that supports the submitter’s project.
Submit the Project Summary, CV, and Recommendation Letter together as attachments in a single email by 29 April, 2017, 23:00 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC, GMT) .
PDF files should be submitted electronically to the Research Grant Committee Chair, Jason Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please place "MCIG Emerging Scholar Research Grant" in the email subject field.
You find the call as a pdf file here: https://t.co/QSljpnyLIY