ICA is pleased to provide "ICA Kids 2018" free of charge (on a "first come first serve" basis) for parents in need of childcare during conference hours.
To provide this service, ICA has partnered with beebi, a professional babysitting agency for children in Prague. ICA Kids will be available for 10 hours each day, Friday through Monday, from 08:00 to 18:00 for children 6 months to 12 years. As space is at a premium, we highly recommend you sign up early to reserve your child's space in the program.
Because ICA is providing this service free of charge to conference registrants, advance registration is required this year, no "drop ins" will be accepted.
About beebi from their website:
The word beebi comes from Estonian and means small child. It is a clear and accurate expression of our focus. The symbol of our beebi is a baby penguin, whose development is attentively watched by its parents from the time before its egg hatches until it grows up. Love of children, adaptation to the children's world, enthusiasm and joy from communication and work with children are all the things that most accurately characterize our nannies and their relationship to children. We devote a lot of attention to the selection of babysitters. We give priority to hiring babysitters with a medical or pedagogy education who have completed our childcare vetting process and who have experience with babysitting children. We properly train our nannies, and they also regularly complete medical courses teaching the basics of first aid and other professional events focused on the development and care of children.
“ICA KIDS”AT A GLANCE: CHILDCARE IN PRAGUE
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 16:00 UTC on 20 April 2018
- DATES: Fri. 25 May to Mon. 28 May
- HOURS: 08:00 – 18:00
- AVAILABILITY: Childcare is available daily in three time blocks
- 08:00-11:00 (Snacks/Refreshments will be provided by ICA)
- 11:00-15:00 (Parents are responsible for sending children with packed lunches)
- 15:00 – 18:00 (Snacks/Refreshments will be provided by ICA)
You may request one or more block any given day. Every effort will be made to grant your requested block/s. Availability will be granted on a “first come first serve" basis. If your requested block/s is/are unavailable, you will be contacted to either select from other available options or be waitlisted for the originally requested block.
- AGES: 6 months – 12 years old
- LOCATION: ICA Kids will be located at the Hilton Old Town, accessible for parents to check in at any time, but out of the way of conference traffic. The Hilton Old Town is approximately a 12-minute walk from the Hilton Prague (the headquarter location). Parents will receive specific room information before conference begins. Specific room location is not disclosed for security reasons; however it is a large room with natural sunlight and restrooms nearby.
- FOOD: Snacks and beverages will be provided; meals need to be supplied by parents each day.
- INFANT CARE: Parents, please bring diaper-changing supplies, formula/baby food, and a change of clothes.
- ACTIVITIES: Will be planned according to ages and number of children registered. Usually includes drawing and creative items such as color pencils and markers, coloring pictures, Play Doh, molds, painting pictures, production of necklaces and ring decoration, production and painting of plywood models, toys for smaller kids, books, pop-up books, table games, activities and competitions, face painting, child tattoo.
- CHECK IN/OUT: A photo ID (ID, passport, driving license) will be required to check-in and check-out children.
- COST: ICA is providing this amenity free of charge to conference registrants. Though there is no charge for this service, a credit card is required to secure a reservation and may be charged if a cancellation fee applies (see Cancellations).
- Cancellations on or before 16:00 UTC on 20 April 2018: No penalty will apply if an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 16:00 UTC on 20 April 2018.
- "No Shows" or Cancellations after 16:00 UTC on 20 April 2018 will be subject to a fee of US $8/hour/child. Medical Conditions & Emergencies: Cancellations for medical reasons may be eligible for a waiver of the cancelation fee, at the discretion of ICA. Written verification from a doctor will be required to be eligible for a waiver.
- QUESTIONS: Contact Julie Randolph, ICA Senior Manager of Member Services & Governance
REQUIRED REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Complete the Request for Childcare form below to submit your child’s information. A separate form must be completed for each child you wish to register. The form allows you to request your preferred hours, the options listed are not guaranteed availability.
- Complete the Cancellation Fee Authorization Form. This form must be completed and returned via facsimile (fax) to 202-955-1448. You will only be charged if you cancel after 16:00 UTC on 20 April 2018. If you do not have access to a fax machine, please call Kristine Rosa 202-955-1444 to complete the form over the phone, and then send an email to Julie Randolph that states:
"I confirm that I have provided my credit card information to ICA. I understand if my child does not appear for one (or more) of the time slots for which he/she is registered, I will be charged the cancellation penalty as defined on the CreditCard Authorization Form." Your electronic signature
- Once both forms have been received, Julie Randolph will contact you at the email provided in your Request for Childcare form to confirm your child’s registration for ICA Kids 2018. Both forms must be received to officially request childcare and hold your place in line.
REQUIRED REQUEST FOR CHILDCARE FORM: