The International Communication Association’s annual call for ICA Officer Nominations is now open. Nomination submissions will be forwarded to the Nominating Committee for consideration for inclusion in the September 2018 ICA Elections. Please take this opportunity to help guide ICA’s future by submitting qualified nominees for consideration.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINEE SUBMISSION: Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 12:00 UTC
ELIGIBILITY: Any ICA member may nominate themselves or any other ICA member for office. Only Active Members shall be eligible for nomination, election, or appointment to office in the Association.
ICA OFFICER POSITIONS: Members may nominate candidates to be reviewed by the Nominating Committee for president, board member-at-large, and student board member.
- PRESIDENT: The member selected as president makes a 5 1/2-year commitment to the Executive Committee (six months as president-elect select; one year as president-elect and conference program chair; one year as ICA President; three years as past president). The final year on the Executive Committee, the past president serves as chair of the Regional Conference
s Committee. The President-Elect Select selected in the 2018 election will begin service on the Executive Committee immediately upon announcement of the results.
- BOARD MEMBER-AT-LARGE: Board members-at-large serve one three-year term; there are three BMAL at any given time. The purpose of member-at-large positions is to grow the Board of Directors representation from underrepresented regions. Board member-at-large positions are no longer tied to specific area openings, and anyone can be considered, but the nominating committee will typically identify one region for the two candidates selected. The BMAL selected in the 2018 election will begin service at the end of the 2019 Annual ICA Conference in Washington, DC.
- STUDENT BOARD MEMBER: Student board members serve in pairs, with one nominated each year for overlapping two-year terms. The Student Board Member selected in the 2018 election will begin service at the end of the 2019 Annual ICA Conference in Washington, DC.
NOMINATION PROCESS: Members wishing to submit nominations for office to stand in ICA's September 2018 elections must do so by 16:00 UTC on 28 February 2018, the deadline for receipt of all nominations. Names are then forwarded to the Nominating Committee, who will review all materials and qualifications and determine a short list of two candidates for each position. Nominations must be submitted through the form on the ICA Officer Nomination page linked to below; all fields are required including details about the candidate's qualifications, record of service to ICA, and the attachment of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae.
Online balloting for the 2018 ICA elections will be open from 1 September through 15 October 2018.
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION:
- Log into your ICA account;
- Go to the ICA Officer Nomination page;
- Complete the form at the bottom of the page; all fields are required.
QUESTIONS: Questions on the nominating process may be directed to Laura Sawyer, Executive Director, or to François Heinderyckx (U of libre de Bruxelles), 2018 Nominating Committee Chair.