We are soliciting nominations for the following positions:
2) International Liaison
Both positions have two-year terms beginning at the end of ICA 2020 and ending with the conclusion of ICA 2022. To qualify for either position, one must be a current member of ICA. Officer duties are listed below.
- Acts as recording secretary at business meetings of the Division
- Prepares and distributes minutes of business meetings to members
- Acts as editor of the Division’s newsletter and/or website
- Oversees other publicity sites, including Division website (and ensures that the ICA page for the Division links to the external site, if there is one)
- Prepares publicity material for the Division (assisted by other officers and executive director)
- Keeps record of decisions and activities as the keeper of the “institutional memory” of the group
· Gathers opinions and feedback from members of the Division, especially new members from less represented cultures, for example, at times of the annual conference, and conveys them to the Division chair or vice-chair, or other relevant bodies of ICA, for them to receive more social support and feel more welcomed at the Association
· Liaises across the Divisions and Interest Groups on general issues that go beyond any given unit of ICA
· Assists in the planning of ICA annual conferences, helping the chair and vice-chair pay attention to participants from ethnic-minority communities and the developing world who may need help
· Identifies the needs of young scholars, especially those from non-English-speaking countries, who may need the training of skills (e.g., writing, data analysis), relay them to ICA Membership and Internationalization Committee or other relevant bodies, who will design ways to meet such needs
· Participates in and facilitates other ICA internationalization activities such as regional conferences, mentorship programs
· Takes initiatives to suggest new ideas for improving ICA’s overall internationalization endeavors
If you are interested in nominating someone or yourself for any of these two positions, please send along your candidate statement to Soumia Bardhan firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, July 25, 11:59 PM CST.
Candidate statements should be limited to one paragraph with 2,000 characters (approximately 300 words) and submitted in plain text with no special formatting (i.e. no bold, underline, bulleted items).