Participants from developing/ transitional countries and students who have been accepted to present papers can apply between 16 January and 1 March for travel grants to attend the ICA conference, which this year is to be held in the Gold Coast (Australia). The travel grant application is available online at http://www.icahdq.org/page/TravelGrant. The total amount of funding available for 2020 is US $75,000.
To apply for travel grant funding, you must meet the following THREE requirements:
- You have at least one paper accepted for presentation at the main conference, AND
- You are a current member of ICA in good standing, AND
- At least ONE of the following three criteria must also be true:
- You currently reside in a Tier B or C country. Developing/transitional countries are identified annually by the United Nations. Potential applicants should check the country tier chart on the travel grant application to determine whether they are eligible under this criterion. Note that ICA determines eligibility based on country of residence, not of origin. OR...
- You are economically disadvantaged, as a result of systemic access issues, as a member of an ethnic, religious, or linguistic minority (a group that is numerically non-dominant) or an otherwise equity-seeking group in your country of residence (regardless of tier), OR...
- You are currently undergoing a period of financial hardship (regardless of tier). Explanation must be provided in the application.
Potential applicants should also contact their Division or Interest Group Chair for possible funding; each Division and Interest Group may award travel grants to students selected for top paper or other honors. Conference Program Chair Claes de Vreese (U of Amsterdam) and Executive Director Laura Sawyer (ICA) will review the applications provided through the online application form. Applicants will be notified by 1 April.
NOTE: To comply with financial auditing standards, we no longer make travel grant funds available for pick-up on-site at the conference. Awardees will receive their travel grants after conference after submitting the appropriate materials mentioned below as proof of attendance:
an ICA travel reimbursement form
a photo of your conference badge as proof of attendance
receipt from your method of transportation (i.e. airfare receipt, train receipt, bus receipt, etc.)
If you have any questions or concerns about travel grants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.