ICA Environmental Communication Division Business Meeting Agenda
San Juan, PR May 23, 2015 9:00 AM
A. In attendance…send the sheet around.
B. Approve last year’s minutes – Approved?
C. Old Business
- Recruitment of members – Merav took on the task of connecting with other divisions/interest groups to attract more members. You can see that she has made good connections and our numbers have held around 200.
- Paper reviewer’s guide?
- Internationalization – Joy Piazza
- Student Rep. - Heather Akins
D. New Business *
1. Chair’s Report – past activity, finances, reception/funding, membership (See Report)
2. Fall elections for secretary. Thanks to Jill Hopke for standing in as our Sec. and Xihghua Li Need volunteer election coordinator…Anyone?
3. Fundraising Effort – email sent to member (May 19th), the next phase will begin this summer. Volunteers?
4. Dissertation Award – preliminary research has been done, next phase will begin this summer. Volunteers?
E. Other Business
F. Good of the Order
1. Top papers awards
Marijn Meijers, University of Amsterdam
Paradoxical Effects of Green Communication Frames
Kathleen de Onis, Indiana University-Bloomington
Notes from the Field: Living with Colonialism and Environmental Injustice in Puerto Rico
Paige Brown, Louisiana State University
Zeynep Altinai, Louisiana State University
Amy Reynolds, Louisiana State University
Best Practices in Environmental Communication: A Case Study of Louisiana’s Coastal Crisis
Merav Katz-Kimchi, School of Sustainability, IDC, Herzliya
Lucy Atkinson, University of Texas, Austin
Social media and climate action: A case study of Greenpeace’s online mobilization campaigns targeting global brands
Lisa Leombruni, University of California, Santa Barbara
How You Talk About Climate Change Matters: A Communication Network Perspective on Skepticism and Belief Strength
2. Student travel awards – amounts
Hang Lu, Cornell University
Jill Elizabeth Hopke, University of Wisconsin-Madison
José Rene Castro-Sotomayor, The University of New Mexico
Murdoch Stephens, Massey University
3. Handing over of the gavel to Merav! I become the advisory board, I’ll also become the vice-chair of the IECA.
4. Welcome Bruno Takahashi as our next vice-chair and planner!
* Michael Haley gets the floor when he arrives with the planner for- Fukuoka Japan, June ?9-13, 2016