Mobile Communication Interest Group 2019 Biennial Dissertation Award
The ICA Mobile Communication Interest Group (MCIG) invites nominations for the biennial Mobile Communication Dissertation Award. The award will be presented this coming year at MCIG business meeting during the ICA Annual Conference.
The rules for nominating a dissertation are:
1. For the 2019 award, any MCIG-related dissertation completed (i.e., successfully defended) between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2018 is eligible for consideration. Dissertation authors need not be members of MCIG to be considered. The author must be ICA members to accept the award.
2. The dissertation may be in any language, however the dossier describing the material and the letter of support need to be in English.
3. Dissertations may be nominated by the author, dissertation advisor or a professional colleague. Full contact information of the author and the nominee must be provided, including name, phone number, surface mail address, and email address.
4. Nomination materials should include:
a. the author's contact information,
b. proof of completion of the dissertation along with date,
c. a one-page abstract of the dissertation,
d. a 1-2-page statement describing the significance of the work and why it is deserving of the award, and
e. a letter of support from the author’s advisor,
f. a representative chapter, selected sections of the dissertation, OR a paper distilling it, up to 30 (double-spaced) pages maximum, excluding references, tables, and figures.
5. The deadline for receipt of nomination materials is 12 a.m.15 March (UTC).
6. Submissions must be made electronically in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Place "Mobile Communication Interest Group Dissertation Award Nomination" in the email subject field.
The best of luck!