ICA Fellows Nominations
The nomination period is now closed.
Fellow status in the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION is primarily a recognition of distinguished scholarly contributions to the broad field of communication. The primary consideration for nomination to Fellow status is a documented record of scholarly achievement.
QUESTIONS: For questions about the fellow nomination process, please contact Julie Arnold, ICA Senior Manager of Member Services and Governance.
DEADLINE: 16:00 UTC on 31 January
The nomination period is open from 1 November - 31 January (16:00 UTC). During this time, ICA members are invited to submit their nominations to the Fellow Nominating Committee (FNC). Any member of the Association or any collective group of members may submit nominations.
- A nominee must be a current ICA member (you should confirm the nominee is a member using the member search function under resources on our website)
- Nominations should be submitted formally by letter. A typical nomination letter details the reasons that the candidate should be elected ICA Fellow. It should include a copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae, at least two (but not more than four) additional letters of support from leading scholars in the field, and any other materials that help demonstrate significant scholarly contributions to the field of communication and/or the International Communication Association.
- Submitters are asked to submit all nomination documents in a single PDF file:
- the pdf should be named with nominee's family name followed by their given name (examples: "Smith.John.pdf"/ "Arnold.Julie.pdf")
- the pdf should be ordered as follows:
- One Formal Nomination Letter (may be signed by more than one person)
- Two-Four Letters of support (four is the maximum allowed)
- Nominee's Curriculum Vitae
- All nominations must be submitted through the form below (form shows when nomination period is open); emailed nominations will not be accepted.
- GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION:
- If your nominee is not a current member of ICA, your nomination will be disqualified
- If your packet is missing the required formal letter of nomination, your nomination will be disqualified
- If your packet has less than the minimum letters of support required (two letters of support), your nomination will be disqualified
- If you exceed the maximum letters of support allowed (four letters of support), your nomination will be disqualified
- If your packet is missing the required CV, your nomination will be disqualified
- If your submission is not ordered correctly, as outlined, your nomination will be disqualified
- All nominations must be submitted through the form below (form shows when nomination period is open); emailed nominations will not be accepted and will be disqualified