ICA is pleased to present ICA Kids 2019 for parents in need of childcare during conference hours.
To provide this service, ICA has again partnered with KiddieCorp, a professional agency in its thirty-third year of providing high-quality children’s programs and youth services to conventions, trade shows and special events. KiddieCorp team members are selected according to their integrity, experience, education and enthusiasm. KiddieCorp was the provider we worked with in San Diego, having had such a positive experience in 2017, we are delighted to collaborate with them again.
ICA Kids will be available for 10 hours each day, Saturday through Tuesday, from 08:00 to 18:00 for children 6 months to 12 years. As space is at a premium, we highly recommend you sign up early to reserve your child's space in the program.
“ICA KIDS”AT A GLANCE: CHILDCARE IN WASHINGTON, DC USA
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 16:00 UTC on 24 April 2019
- DATES: Saturday, 25 May to Tuesday, 28 May
- HOURS: 08:00 – 18:00
- DAILY LIMIT: In effort to make childcare as widely available as possible, each child may be registered for a maximum of 5 hours a day.
- AGES: 6 months – 12 years old
- COST: US$5 per Hour per Child. ICA is subsidizing the cost of childcare; though the cost to ICA is over US$15 per hour per child, care is available to attendees’ children for US$5 per hour, per child. If paying the advanced registration required fee of US$5 per child per hour would present a great financial hardship, please contact Julie Arnold to discuss your specific circumstances.
- LOCATION: ICA Kids will be located at the Hilton Washington, accessible for parents to check in at any time, but out of the way of conference traffic. Parents will receive specific room information before conference begins. Specific room location is not disclosed for security reasons; however it is a large room with natural sunlight and restrooms nearby.
- FOOD: Snacks and beverages will be provided; meals must be supplied by parents each day.
- INFANT CARE: Parents, please bring diaper-changing supplies, formula/baby food, and a change of clothes.
- ACTIVITIES: Activities include exciting themes, arts & crafts, group games, music & movement, board games, story time, dramatic play, etc. We provide activities appropriate for each age group, using safe and sturdy equipment. Children can make their own choices within KiddieCorp's program.
- CHECK IN/OUT: A photo ID (ID, passport, driving license) will be required to check-in and check-out children.
- MEDICATION: Medication (including sunscreen) will NOT be administered by KiddieCorp staff.
- RESERVATIONS VS. DROP IN: As space is at a premium, we recommend you sign up early in order to reserve your child’s space in the program. Availability is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. KiddieCorp must receive both the registration form and payment to hold any advance reservations. You are also welcome to “drop in” and register on-site; however, we cannot guarantee space will be available for drop-ins.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be made to KiddieCorp prior to 16:00 UTC on 24 April 2019 for a full refund. Cancellations made after that date will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Once the program has begun, no refunds from KiddieCorp will be issued.
- ILLNESS/INCOMPATIBILITY: If your child becomes ill during conference, please do not expose other children by bringing them to the childcare program. ICA reserves the right to turn away children who show symptoms of illness or whose behavior is disruptive to other children. If your child is unable to attend for these reasons, ICA will refund the unused hours.
- QUESTIONS: Contact Julie Arnold, ICA Senior Manager of Member Services & Governance
Go to the KiddieCorp Registration Page
- Submit the online form on the KiddieCorp Registration Page
- Submit payment to KiddieCorp:
- via credit card (KiddieCorp staff will contact you for payment information)
- via check (must be received within 10 business days of submitting your form)