ICA is pleased to present ICA Kids 2020 for parents in need of childcare during conference.
This year, ICA has partnered with KidzKlub Australia, an Australian based professional childcare agency. The KidzKlub team encompasses a staff of highly trained and fully certified carers including qualified teachers, teachers in training, nurses, social workers, childcare professionals and skilled entertainers, all who possess a genuine passion for children and a personal zest for life.
ICA Kids will be available for 10 hours each day of the main conference, Friday through Monday, from 08:00 to 18:00 for children 6 months to 12 years. As space is at a premium, we highly recommend you sign up early to reserve your child's space in the program.
“ICA KIDS” AT A GLANCE: CHILDCARE IN GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 12:00 Noon ICA Headquarters Time on 20 April 2020
- DATES: Friday, 22 May to Monday, 25 May
- DAILY HOURS: 08:00 – 18:00
- DAILY LIMIT: In effort to make childcare as widely available as possible, each child may be registered for the onsite daycare for a maximum of 5 hours a day, for either a half day in the morning (08:00-13:00), or half day in the afternoon (13:00-18:00).
- AGES: 6 months – 12 years old
- COST: This year's fees, being collected directly by KidzKlub, are listed in Australian dollar (AUD) amounts. The cost is AUD$8 per Hour per Child (approximately US$5.50 based on the exchange rate in January 2020). ICA is subsidizing the cost of childcare; though the cost to ICA is over AUD$19 per hour per child, care is available to attendees’ children for AUD$8 per hour, per child. If paying the advanced registration required fee presents a great financial hardship, please contact Julie Arnold to discuss your specific circumstances.
- LOCATION: ICA Kids will be located at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibit Center, accessible for parents to check in at any time, but out of the way of conference traffic. Parents will receive specific room information before conference begins. Specific room location is not disclosed for security reasons; however it is a large room with restrooms nearby.
- FOOD: Snacks and beverages will be provided; meals must be supplied by parents each day.
- INFANT CARE: Parents, please bring diaper-changing supplies, formula/baby food, and a change of clothes.
- ACTIVITIES: Children will spend the allocated hours playing with a broad range of age appropriate craft, drama sports, board games, toys, kits and participating in group activities. Children will be free to play independently or join in group games. KidzKlub will also provide structured art experiences, which will be teacher directed with a specific learning and product outcome.
- (NEW) OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS FOR CHILDREN AGES 5+: New this year, ICA has coordinated optional excursions via KidzKlub Australia that parents may "add on" to their childcare registration. These are separate programs/fees from the onsite childcare program and will be offered both Saturday and Sunday in half day and full day options for children ages 5-12 years old. You should not register your child for both an onsite childcare session and an excursion scheduled at the same time - you register/pay for one or the other.
- For children ages 5-12 years old
- Tentatively scheduled for Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th May: KidzKlub requires a minimum of five children to be registered to host an excursion, if less than five children register by the deadline, the event will be cancelled.
- (Full Day option: - $250 per child) Currumbin Wildlife and Fauna Park with High Ropes Course: participants must be able to comfortably reach 160cm to enter. To measure your child, stand with flat feet on the ground and raise arms above head with hands outstretched. Measure from the ground to the middle of the palm of the hand.
- (Half day option/afternoon: $170 AUD per child) Ten pin bowling
- The Excursion Fees include: All food and drinks, Admission Fees, Transfers – private charter or taxi bus service, Supervision – 1 staff member : 5 children, and Sunscreen
- CHECK IN/OUT: A photo ID (ID, passport, driving license) will be required to check-in and check-out children.
- MEDICATION: Please contact KidzKlub directly to inquire about their policy regarding the administration of any medication
- RESERVATIONS VS. DROP IN: As space is at a premium, we recommend you sign up early in order to reserve your child’s space in the program. Availability is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. KidzKlub must receive both the registration form and payment to hold any advance reservations. You are also welcome to “drop in” and register on-site; however, we cannot guarantee space will be available for drop-ins.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations and fees should be handled directly through KidzKlub, the following is the cancellation fee policy:
- Any booking cancelled 28 days or more prior to the commencement date will not incur a cancellation fee.
- Any booking cancelled between 14 and 27 days prior to the commencement date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total booking cost.
- For any booking cancelled 13 days or less prior to the commencement date, no refund will be given, and the full amount is payable.
- OVERTIME/LATE FEE: Parents will be charged by KidzKlub a late fee of AUD$8 per every 5 minutes of overtime that KidzKlub Australia is required to stay in service after the agreed upon finish time (18:00 daily) if parents are late to collect their children.
- ILLNESS/INCOMPATIBILITY: If your child becomes ill during conference, please do not expose other children by bringing them to the childcare program. ICA reserves the right to turn away children who show symptoms of illness or whose behavior is disruptive to other children. If your child is unable to attend for these reasons, ICA will refund the unused hours.
- QUESTIONS: Learn more on the KidzKlub FAQs for ICA Kids 2020 or contact Julie Arnold, ICA Senior Manager of Governance
- Complete the payment and registration form via KidzKlub Australia Registration page for ICA Kids 2020
(NOTE: You should limit your selections to one option per day: morning session, afternoon session, or an excursion. If you sign up for more than one option a day, Kidzklub will contact you to correct your registration and issue any corresponding refunds for overpayment.)
- KidsKlub Australia will then contact you to confirm your registration and provide specific room detail